Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is an appropriate note of sympathy to put on a sympathy card for a step grandmother you hardly know?

My step-grandmother passed away yesterday. I may have seen her 10 times in my 39 years. I really did not know her. All I really know about her is that she was a missionary and very religous. I am sending flowers and I don't want to offend that side of the family by saying something dumb.

What is an appropriate note of sympathy to put on a sympathy card for a step grandmother you hardly know?
I am very sorry for your loss. May you find peace in knowing that she helped so many people in her life. Again, my deepest condolences.








I tried writing more but it was too much. This is what I would write. I know it's hard to think of what to say to people at a time like that. It's the thought that counts.


No comments:

Post a Comment